Thursday, May 15, 2008

What you don't know


Sometimes what you don't know is what really teaches you a lesson.

Huh? Let me try to explain. I had been seeing Blue Birds in our yard the last couple of days. I did not give it much thought. But then my husband and my mom commented on how unusual they are to have come around. (at least in these parts) Then I talked with another couple of mothers this week and their Mother's Day was worse then mine. At least I knew what I was going to be in for. They were not so lucky. So the thought came about; Wow, I should really be happy, my Mother's Day could of been like theirs. Then when I was looking at the Blue Birds this morning I realized that you really need to be thankful for the things you don't know about. I didn't know that the Blue Bird was so special. Other people would love to have that bird in their yard and here he was. I think what I am getting at is the old, the grass is not always greener on the other side so be thankful for what you have, but just in a bigger sense. The squirrel picture below? Well he is just cute.

No comments: