Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day Chaos

Oh yes, Mother's Day. Mother's Day is never a relaxing walk in the park. Nope, we prefer a true onslaught of chaos. I think that happens anytime you take a 2 year old and a 6 month old to a brunch and expect that A: you get to eat; B: the 2 year old will stay clean; C: the two year old will not want to start running around 5 minutes after you get there. The saving grace is that CM wanted to sit next to his Grandma and Daddy. That way I did not have to watch the food being colorfully added to his shirt. NC joyfully mouthed a spoon the entire time. Not to bad considering he could of been crying from his teeth coming in. At the end our nephews (12, 10, 8 years old) were sick of sitting so they took CM out to the hallway to explore. I went to check on them and yep, we were that family. The family who lets their two year old boy run up and down the hallway yelling WoHoo and 3 older boys chasing behind him so he doesn't run into anybody. It was after I witnessed that I said to my husband we need to leave before he trips a Grandma with a walker! Sigh, I wish that was the end of the day but it was not. Then we had to visit the other Grandma, so over 5 hours on the road and no naps for CM. Yep, he was sure crabby by the time we got home. On a positive note Daddy was working very hard with CM to have him say Happy Mama's Day. He wouldn't say it but when I went to wake him up I could hear him practicing the phrase. It was adorable. CM at the end of the day gave me a great big hug and said Happy Mama's Day. That makes all the craziness worth it.

No comments: