Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Rhythm of a Household


I went away for a few days and left my husband to handle Bumgardner Inc. I think the 5 month old NC smelled the fear. The 2 year old CM got to spend 2 wonderful days with Grandma. Before I left I made sure that there was plenty of CM's favorite foods. Enough diapers and formula to last for a month. The only thing I was hoping for was a few days away. Just long enough to miss them and remember why I love them so much. My only expectation was that both boys would be in one piece, the dog feed and both cats still in the house. He succeeded on that front. One point for all of the males in the world. But there was that subtle raise of the white flag that occurred the day before my scheduled arrival. "If you wanted to come home early - I wouldn't mind..." So the next morning I got up and came home early. My husband described NC as the baby from The Incredibles when his head was on fire. Sure enough I came home and NC saw me smiled and laughed. I swear he was saying "Ha, I got the old man, he surrendered!" NC was an angel for me the rest of the day. I discovered the next day that his first tooth broke though. So my husband scored more points for not raising that white flag even sooner. CM was the typical 2 year old and was a little stand offish. All was quickly forgotten and we had a great night.

Going away for a couple of days leaves me with a fresh perspective on my life and a renewed excitement to see my boys.

No comments: